Smart Automotive Variantcon 2014
Establishing an Integrated Variant Management | Simplifying Complexity in Automotive Design & Engineering | Modular Concepts & Lean Engineering | Vehicle Configuration Lifecycle Management
Establishing an Integrated Variant Management Concept
- Integration of a consistent variant management into present or new to build product development processes
- Identifying acceptable and unacceptable drivers of divergence
- Reviewing strategies for managing commonality trades: how do you understand what variety is needed, how do you screen opportunities to add new variants, how do automotive firms value the benefits of commonality that can be traded?
- Valuation of indirect and distributed savings
- Market uncertainty in terms of how platform investments will constrain potential variant creation
- Future PLM – aspects of a human-centred Product Lifecycle Management
- Addressing the growing need for unified approaches for variant and complexity management across the full automotive product family lifecycle
Simplifying Complexity in Automotive Design & Engineering
- Optimising the trade-off between the need for standardized and product diversity
- Automation of CAE environment: Enabling smarter decisions for designers
- Automation and customization of Simulation process
- Simplify the complexity in automotive design and analysis of vehicle parts
- Knowledge (CAE) based engineering built in to Simulation tool
- Optimizing processes between product design strategy and product engineering
- A new approach to complexity management – from complexity drivers to complexity mastering
Modular Concepts & Lean Engineering
- Modular safety concept based on an architecture model
- Modular concepts for EC-motors and drives for different automotive applications
- Success factor “lean innovation”
- What methods & practical examples of implementation can be used to set up and integrate modular product families and/ or modular systems?
Configuration Lifecycle Management – Enterprise-Wide Management of Vehicle Configurations
- Combining competitiveness with a diversified product range
- Mastering complexity - How to turn complexity management into competitive advantage
- Moving beyond 'Reduction of Complexity' as the final goal to better understand and control the unreducible complexities
we.CONECT brings back the leading international networking platform in the field of variant management in the automotive industry in 2014. More than 100 senior managers, leaders and directors will meet from November 20 - 21, 2014 in Berlin to discuss the latest developments in automotive variants and complexity management.
Become a part of the highly interactive community and join Europe's pioneering networking forum together with delegates from leading global OEMs, Tier1s and suppliers from to discuss current challenges and innovations around automotive variant management.
Veranstaltungsort und Adresse
Kempinski Hotel Bristol Berlin, Kurfürstendamm 27, 10719 Berlin
20. November 2014
Smart Automotive Variantcon 2014
Diese Veranstaltung in Berlin (Charlottenburg, Bezirk Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf) wurde von weconect veröffentlicht. Smart Automotive Variantcon 2014 ist den Rubriken Vortrag, Diskussion und Kurs & Workshop zugeordnet.